Personal online presence is your personal brand. Everything you do, say, post, comment or share on the internet is a representation of your brand. Having a good personal online presence is preferred for a couple of reasons:
1) It helps you to get more opportunities in your career as you can be easily spotted by potential employers or sponsors.
2) It helps you to tell your story the way you want it to be told.
3) Online presence is the best way to promote a business and its services.
To create an online presence, you will need several things:
1. Domain name
A domain name is an identification string that defines an organization or other entity on the Internet. In other words, it is a URL that identifies your site and makes it able to be found on the world wide web.
2. Website builder or hosting services
It is the place or tool where your website is stored and maintained.
3. Email service (optional)
It allows you to use the domain-based email address like email@example.com which makes the email address look professional and trustworthy.
4. SSL certificate (optional)
It allows you to protect your website if it handles sensitive information like credit cards or other account information. It provides privacy, critical security and data integrity for both your websites and your users’ personal information.